Catechism

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Comicblogging

As I mentioned below, I'm putting together the NYLL Journal at the moment. There was some white-space, so I decided to quickly knock up a comic to fill it.

There is something cathartic about drawing comics. As a friend of mine commented, "Why are you using your powers for evil?" Comics aren't art, and the only real skill involved is commentary (this can be quite the skill though).

About a year ago, I used to draw a lot. I have sketchbooks filled with illustrations, doodles, landscapes, scenes, and much much more. 2004 was the great drought; the only illustrations I did were for Hermes Portal, or comics for newsletters, magazines or journals.

Maybe in 2005, it will be different. But in the meantime...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home